If you think you may need a new prescription for medicine, please make an appointment with the doctor.
- Repeat prescriptions are normally for patients with long-term conditions who receive regular treatment.
- Your doctor will explain the repeat prescription system upon beginning regular treatment.
- You can order a repeat prescription via this website, using our secure online form or by telephoning the surgery.
- Please provide the exact drug names wherever possible.
- Please allow at least 2 working days after submitting your request before collecting your prescription from the surgery or your chosen chemist.
- Your doctor will review all repeat prescriptions regularly.
- Patients with some chronic illnesses such as diabetes, hypertension, heart disease and asthma will be seen regularly for monitoring of their condition.
- Please tell us of any changes to your repeat prescription list made at the hospital or if you stop any medication by yourself.
- Do not stockpile unwanted drugs at home, return them to your chemist
Am I a Dispensing or a Non-Dispensing Patient?
If you live in Stratford-upon-Avon then you are a Non-Dispensing Patient. This means that you will collect your repeat prescription from one of the local town chemists.
If you live outside of Stratford-upon-Avon then you are a Dispensing Patient. This means that you must collect your repeat prescription from the dispensary at the surgery.